Walk in Newness of Life

In my time of studying the bible I hear questions that always leads to truth that empowers me to be made free and alive by Him.

Today as I was studying I heard “I never told Noah to leave the ark.”

I quickly turn to Genesis and started to allow His Spirit to speak the answer to me since I know I did not have it and only by Him will I get it. As I read I saw Noah when faced with the issue of leaving the ark turned to the flesh instead of the Lord.

And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made: And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth Genesis 8:6,7

Yes Noah made the choice to release a raven which was but a flesh eater and no doubt found dead flesh to feed upon so it had no need to return to the ark.

Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground; Genesis 8:8

Noah second choice was the releasing of the dove. But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark. Genesis 8:9

The dove could find no rest for the sole of her foot and neither would Noah if he trusted the raven his flesh.

Just as Noah learnt from the dove that it’s only rest is the ark, I must also learn Jesus Christ is my only rest for I  have been baptized into Him.

As I dug in deeper I saw that Noah’s name means ‘rest’

And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son: And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed. Genesis 5:28, 29

Yes His father foretold that his son would bring comfort to mankind, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.

Just as Jesus Christ is my rest from myself in that He alone gives unto me His righteousness as I rest in Him.

So I see that I also must learn from Noah and trust not the raven that feeds upon dead flesh, but to Him that is able to empower me to live by His Life.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. Romans 8:13

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. Galatians 5:17

Even though Noah was named ‘rest’ he would follow the leading of the dove.

See the dove is a symbol of the Holy Spirit given unto them that have been baptized in Jesus name. So I will find no rest if I think I can work on mine own salvation by using the abilities of my flesh.

And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark; And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluck off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth. Genesis 8:10.11

Glory unto you Lord Jesus!

Noah sent forth a dove on the 7th day and the dove returned with an olive leaf. A foreshadow of a Word from God! It was an olive leaf which represented the Spirit’s empowerment.

Jesus my Lord and God, how blessed you are for you are my ark and as I walk after you and in you I am walking in your anointing as a priest, empowered by you.

Grace in action on me and through me!

I cease from trusting my flesh, my raven abilities and present myself as one back from the dead to be lead by your Spirit of Life.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

Just as Noah had to leave the ark I also must leave the baptism into Christ and walk in the newness of Life God intends for me.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should “walk in newness of life.” Romans 6:3,4

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:16, 25

Lets go forth as one’s dead to the flesh and alive by Him and proclaim to all as Paul did … I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Male and Female 1

Kingdom sons

Patience